Eileen Weir was elected as the 50th Mayor of Independence in 2014 after serving two years as the Councilwoman for the 4th District. She is the city’s second female Mayor.
Eileen and her husband, Tom, live in southwestern Independence and have two children. Tom is Vice President of Business Development at Blue Ridge Bank & Trust Co.
A native of Binghamton, NY, Eileen earned her B.A. in English and Communications from LeMoyne College in Syracuse, NY. She began her career in Public Relations with the Kansas City Chiefs and is founder of Impress Public Relations.
Eileen has lived in Independence for 17 years. She is past chair of the Board of Directors for the Jackson County Historical Society and a Sustaining member of the Junior Service League of Independence. She currently serves on the following boards and committees:
- Blue Ridge Bank & Trust Co.
- Truman Library Institute
- Arts KC: The Regional Arts Council
- Independence Economic Development Council
- Mid America Regional Council (MARC)
- Missouri Municipal League
- Little Blue Valley Sewer District
- KC Rising
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Bi-State Commission
- MARC Total Transportation Policy Committee
- MARC Budget and Finance Committee