A Champion for Independence
Eileen puts Independence first. She has the vision, determination and courage to restore pride and prosperity to all of Independence.
Mayor Weir is an energetic and results-driven leader locally, regionally and nationally, working every day for the citizens and taxpayers of Independence.
- Eileen has been named one of the Kansas City Business Journal “Power 100” the past two years
- Bloomberg Philanthropies chose Independence among the first 10 cities nationwide to join “What Works Cities” because of Eileen’s commitment to open data and government transparency
- Eileen builds strong relationships for Independence through her involvement in National League of Cities, U.S. Conference of Mayors, and the Missouri Municipal League
- Eileen is active in the Eastern Jackson County Betterment Council, Mid America Regional Council, and Metro Mayors Caucus
- Eileen is a strong advocate for small business, education, and the arts serving on the boards of KC Rising, ArtsKC: The Regional Arts Council, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, and Truman Library Institute
- The Examiner selected Eileen in the inaugural class of “Women of Excellence”
- The Independence Economic Development Council chose Eileen as the 2016 George Matteson Economic Development Award honoree
- In 2015 Eileen received the Ignatian Award for Community Service from her alma mater LeMoyne College, Syracuse, NY
Eileen Believes Independence deserves the best. She will not settle for less.
- Every taxpayer is entitled to open access to elected officials and city staff to understand issues and influence decisions made at City Hall
- Every family deserves a safe, well-maintained neighborhood and a quality education for their children
- Every citizen deserves the opportunity for financial security.